TRAINING AIMThe aim is to provide information on new sealing materials that have replaced asbestos, their extensive influence on established assembly procedures and the overall effect on the joint as such. The aim is to also promote the work of the mechanic of flange joints to the level of expert welders.
TRAINING CONTENTThe Basic Qualification Standard has 27 topics that can be divided into 4 areas:
- Gasket material, its properties, leakage classes, gasket deformation and more.
- Effect of lubrication, transfer of forces and connecting material.
- Tightening procedures, records and protocols.
- Tightening tools, tightening methods, occupational safety and leakage detection.
TRAINING EFFECTBy attending the training the mechanic should, among other things, gain a wider knowledge of the mutual influences acting on the flange connection and the ability to verify the correctness of the tightening. Recipients of the training will also receive the latest information on gasket materials as well as detailed information on the effect of lubrication on tightening force transmission.
- Increased operation safety
- Smoother operation
- Less downtime
- Reduced costs