Gasket material POWERcork 20 is a mixture of cork and NBR elastomer. Suitable for very deformed flanges and most transformer oils. Complies with all current requirements for hazardous substances.
Availability on request.Contact us
- Suitable for most transformer oils at observed operating temperatures.
- Suitable for mineral oil, natural ester oil and silicone oil. Acceptable for use with SF6 gas.
- Suitable for very deformed flanges.
- ASTM D3455 -Test methods for compatibility of construction material with electrical insulating oil of petroleum origin.
- ASTM D5282 - Test methods for compatibility of construction material with silicone fluid used for electrical insulation.
- Does not contain asbestos
- Does not contain heavy metals - Pb, Cd, Hg or Cr (VI)
- Does not contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
|Minimum operating temperature:||-||-40 °C|
|Maximum operating temperature:||-||+125 °C|
|Specific pressure range:||-||2,5 - 15 MPa|
|Compressive strength:||-||>70 MPa|
|Density:||ASTM D297||850 kg/m3|
|Hardness:||ASTM D2240||65 Shore A|
|Tensile strength:||ASTM D412, Die C||2,0 MPa|
|Elongation:||ASTM D412, Die C||90 %|
Now we are able to:
- Check the mechanical properties of purchased materials
- Verify the values stated on the supplier's materials sheets
- Check the dimensions, hardness and quality of the material surface
- Guarantee the customer's required parameters
Most of the flanges show load-caused deflection. The adaptability of the gasket is crucial under such conditions, and POWERcork materials provide tightness without leaks in these cases.
POWERcork has been subjected to very demanding aging tests (over 1500 hours at 167 °C, under pressure and in full contact with oil) to simulate a lifetime of more than 30 years.