Overview of offered variants
Flat rubber cork seals ensure a sufficient contact area , thus reducing the risk of the seal slipping off the sealed surface. They also guarantee excellent compressibility and can also be used for sealing uneven surfaces (unevenness, paint residues and deformations caused by welding,). Most flanges show deflection from the load.
The flexibility of the seal is crucial in such conditions and POWERcork materials will ensure leak-free tightness in these cases.
POWERcork has been subjected to very demanding aging test conditions (more than 1500 hours at 167 ° C, under pressure and in full contact with the oil), which simulated a service life of more than 30 years.
Powercork 10, 20POWER®cork sealing material is a mixture of cork and NBR elastomer. POWER®cork 10 contains less NBR elastomer than POWER®cork 20 and is harder.
- Suitable for most transformer oils while maintaining operating temperatures.
- Suitable for mineral oil, natural ester oil, silicone oil. Acceptable for SF6 gas.
POWER®cork is suitable for mineral and silicone oils according to:
- ASTM D3455 - Methods for testing the compatibility of the construction of materials with petroleum-based electrical insulating oil.
- ASTM D5282 - Test methods for compatibility of the construction of materials with silicone fluid used for electrical insulation.
Meets all current requirements for the content of hazardous substances.
- It does not contain asbestos
- Does not contain heavy metals - Pb, Cd, Hg or Cr (VI)
- Free of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
Size Method Units Value Operating temperature ºC -40 to +125 Specific pressure MPa 5.5 - 15 Compressive strength MPa > 70 Hardness ASTM D2240 65 Shore A Specific gravity ASTM D297 kg / m 3 850
In order to increase the quality of our incoming inspection of materials for the production of seals, we purchased a tearing machine.
We are now able to:
- Check the mechanical properties of purchased materials.
- Verify the values stated on the supplier's material data sheets.
- Check the dimensions, hardness and surface quality of the material.
- Guarantee the customer the required parameters.