Screw seals = usit rings . Metal washers of rectangular cross-section with a ring of vulcanised rubber with a trapezoidal cross-section glued to the inside. An improvement on the original concept is the self-centering glued seal, which offers a further increase in utility.
- The seal is designed for high pressure environments where copper washers are unsatisfactory.
The material of the washer and rubber can be selected as required. Available in a complete metric and inch size range.
Nitrile - NBR
Elastomer resistant to mineral oils, water and aqueous liquids, hot air and numerous chemicals.
- It is a multi-purpose rubber suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Up to temperatures from -30 ° C to +110 ° C
Fluorocarbon elastomer resistant to mineral oils, gasoline and a wide range of solvents and chemicals. In this respect, it surpasses other oil-resistant materials (such as NBR).
- Up to temperatures from -25 ° C to +250 ° C
Hydrogenated nitrile - HNBR
Compared to NBR, HNBR has higher tensile strength and abrasion resistance, five times the resistance to acid gasoline, acid gas and ozone.
- Highly effective in oil wells with resistance to heat, hydrogen sulfide, corrosion inhibitor, oil and steam.
- Wide application in the automotive and oil industries.
- Continuous use from -30 ° C to +150 ° C (10,000 hours).